TCORO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BTCC Mod - Updates

5 posters

Go down

BTCC Mod - Updates Empty BTCC Mod - Updates

Post by Fordman Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:15 pm

Evening All,

Well below is the link to the new V2.2 of the BTCC Mod.  As discussed, the BMW has had some changes, in handling and also in power, and also the FWD have had a little boost as well has handling.

THIS IS NOT PUBLIC YET, SO PLEASE KEEP TO YOURSELF!!!!  FOR LEAGUE RACING ONLY

In your cars folder, I suggest you rename your data.acd file to data.old for now, and then just dump this data.acd file in the cars folder.

Obviously, any problems, let me know

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7CM3dJDw9x8UlJubUJ3UWFvSE0

Regards

Shaun

Last edited by Fordman on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fordman

Back to top Go down

BTCC Mod - Updates Empty Re: BTCC Mod - Updates

Post by Fordman Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Opps try again

LOL

Fordman

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh_Martin Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:49 pm

BMW seems like a rocketship, whilst the Ford is now a bus Sad
Josh_Martin
Josh_Martin
Admin

https://tcoro.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fordman Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:02 pm

Hi Josh,

Thanks for posting mate, as I could not find all the messages in the Chat (FB) window. I have sent message to Kris, asking "what have you done" LOL

Fordman

Back to top Go down

Post by doodle127 Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:06 pm

After some testing with Simon Clayton in the early hours of the morning it is clear something has happened.

With the previous data I was raving about how the FWD cars would crush it at Oulton Park because they were not only more stable as always, but they actually appeared to be much quicker there too. With some Offline testing I was happily running the Ford to a 1:25.5 and I couldn't even break into the 1:25s with the BMW.

Now with the last update I readjusted the gears on the BMW again and got a 1:25.4 but the Ford seems to be far worse now and I was struggling to get any 1:26 laps. Not only did it drive worse, but it seemed noticeably slower overall by looking at the Delta timer going round.

I don't really know how to interpret the data but it's clear something went a little funny. I also could see the Nerfing of the BMW's launch (which will of course always be better than a FWD car, but at least now you can't just whack the power down like before). I think if I get a chance today I will revisit the likes of Thruxton/Donington/Brands to compare further but I think I know what the results will be.
doodle127
doodle127

Back to top Go down

Post by Fordman Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Brill, thanks doodle127. I will get Kris over here so he can read it all.

In the meantime, I suggest people rename this data.acd to data.001 and the old data file back to data.acd, if they wish, until Kris can fix it.

Shaun

Fordman

Back to top Go down

Post by Clayton04r Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:49 pm

doodle127 wrote:After some testing with Simon Clayton in the early hours of the morning it is clear something has happened.

With the previous data I was raving about how the FWD cars would crush it at Oulton Park because they were not only more stable as always, but they actually appeared to be much quicker there too. With some Offline testing I was happily running the Ford to a 1:25.5 and I couldn't even break into the 1:25s with the BMW.

Now with the last update I readjusted the gears on the BMW again and got a 1:25.4 but the Ford seems to be far worse now and I was struggling to get any 1:26 laps. Not only did it drive worse, but it seemed noticeably slower overall by looking at the Delta timer going round.

I don't really know how to interpret the data but it's clear something went a little funny. I also could see the Nerfing of the BMW's launch (which will of course always be better than a FWD car, but at least now you can't just whack the power down like before). I think if I get a chance today I will revisit the likes of Thruxton/Donington/Brands to compare further but I think I know what the results will be.

Yeh after doing some testing in the Ford im not sure what you have changed but i was nearly 2 seconds a lap slower around Oulton and could tell the difference in handling and power massively. I had a go in the other cars and and seemed to drive well as they did in the previous version but cant really comment to much on them as i havent spent as much time in them but was setting faster laptimes than the Ford straight away even on messy laps

Clayton04r

Back to top Go down

Post by Fordman Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:40 pm

WOOO WOOO slow down Simon...I didnt change anything Very Happy This was Kris's work, not mine HA HA ...Where there's blame there is a claim HA HA HA

Fordman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mechanic Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:41 am

I am also slower with the Ford as well. But the brakes feel better can be because of being slower. The steering feels better though. The car feels a bit looser in tight areas. The tires even the softs takes along time to warm up but it seems more responsive to changes.

I noticed that each time there is a update the default setup is different why is that ?

Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mechanic Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:34 am

So what is news on the update front

Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down